Saturday, July 12, 2014

Instructional Design - Week 5

Having never had any real training in how to write a syllabus, I was pretty excited to see that I had hit on many of Sinor and Kaplan’s suggestions in my original written syllabus. And while I think that the written syllabus is still absolutely necessary to set the tone and expectations, I also had a lot of fun experimenting with a graphic syllabus.

I tried to take the ideas of everyone we read because they all offered something that peaked my interest. What I came away with was a great map of my course, that drilled down to the main objectives for each module, and could probably be further broken down with enabling objectives. I really did enjoy the process of going back and forth between building the Learning Guides and then creating the corresponding part of the graphic syllabus.Part of me really wants to make an InfoGraphic about the different types of activities students will engage in. I suppose I will have to see what kind of time I have on my hands in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment