Sunday, March 2, 2014

Creating Collaborative Communities - Week 7

I hereby resolve to
  • Create troubleshooting documentation for group chats
  • Have a very clear set of “If A then B” plans in place before starting a group chat
  • Create very specific peer feedback guidelines so that the feedback in meaningful and helpful to the learners
The most challenging thing of this module was to try to wrap my head around how EASyR is different from Bloom. Perhaps it is because I always knew evaluate, analyze and synthesize in that order from my library work, that maybe I never really understood Bloom? I have also tried, whenever possible, to include these activities in Information Literacy Skills Instruction (unless otherwise directed by current teacher evaluation measurements), so finding a lesson that I could update was a bit tough.

I found it interesting trying to get everyone together for the group chat. I always try to accommodate for non-tech learners and create tips sheets, but I never thought to do a mic and video troubleshooting guide. Despite the fact that I had sent out the questions ahead of time, and they had them in the module materials, and I added them to the Q&A session of the Hangout, and I had a list of extenders and redirects, I was thrown off by the technical issues, and it seemed like I was all over the place and unprepared. This frustrated me as someone who is very organized, which probably threw me even more. It was also disjointing because we created a group Google Doc, but were also using the chat window because of auditory issues, so again, it seemed like I was all over the place with facilitation.

I love receiving peer feedback, as it allows me to see how others view my work. In this particular case, how they interpret the questions I am so sure are clear (but often are not). I wish my fellow learners would do more “tearing me apart” because I know I am not perfect. I run in to this a lot with peer feedback, peers are too “nice” with their feedback. I would rather know what needs to be fixed in a peer feedback situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment