Saturday, June 14, 2014

Instructional Design - Week 1

As with every course, I learn more and more that I need to do to create the best learning experience for my students. This weeks readings focused on making learning student centered, and on approaching instructional design in an organized fashion. I know that my courses all need a redesign, but in this program I have been focusing on my historical fiction course, so that will continue to be my focus. Form 3 helped me to narrow in on what I think needs work in my course, so that if nothing else, I can focus on those areas. I absolutely need to look at each learning experience and make sure that I am providing the content, showing them how to use it, allowing them to practice, and then having them apply it in a “real-world” scenario.

Another take away this week was to develop learning guides as a way to organize myself and my students. I have previously offered a checklist to students of what they need to do in each module, but a focused learning guide will be so much more beneficial for all of us! I’m really excited to give these a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment