Sunday, February 2, 2014

Creating Collaborative Communities - Week 3

I hereby resolve to:
  • Refrain from using sarcasm in my communication (p122)
  • Use humor in my communication when appropriate (p121)
  • Use positive reinforcement whenever possible
  • Walk away from any communication that is emotional before hitting send
  • Work toward understanding students’ backgrounds as they may effect interactions with the materials
  • Create either electronically or paper based, a collection of tips, tricks and articles I can refer to in developing and facilitating online courses (ie: questioning techniques, activities design, etc)
    • Create a list of stem starters for students to use in building responses
    • Create a list of potential messages for students having difficulties
    • Create a Discussion Tips Document with guidelines for participation in discussions
    • Work on my VART list for students
  • Find the time to re-read all of the discussion posts to begin building above mentioned resource!

This module has been quite an experience for me. Reading my classmates different techniques for addressing problems students are having and ways to build more dynamic discussion among students has been very eye opening. I want to take every piece of information shared and use it to create a guide for myself to aid in designing and redesigning my online courses. Every person brings a unique combination of experiences that allow me to see the materials from many different angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment