Sunday, January 19, 2014

Creating Collaborative Communities - Week 1

I hereby resolve to:
  • Foster a community of reciprocity and cooperation among students.
  • Use the list of 26 reasons online education is better than brick and mortar whenever I find myself drawn into a debate with colleagues. 
  • Employ the list of best practices as I build new online courses, and as I revamp ones I have already created. 
  • Do a better job in creating feedback to assessments like quizzes and tests administered online. 
  • Continue to focus on the process of learning as being just as important as the product. 
  • Be responsive to student feedback about my course materials.
  • Learn to model in a way that does not detract from students’ individual synthesis of information.
  • Update older assignments and lessons to reflect more timely innovations.

I don’t know that there was a any new knowledge gained, per say, but I did reexamine some of the things I already do and make mental changes for the future. I will use the list of 26 reasons online education is better than brick and mortar whenever I find myself drawn into a debate with colleagues. I will also employ the list of best practices as I build new online courses, and as I revamp ones I have already created. The 8 key considerations really do make for a better teaching and learning experience. I have been in courses that do not follow them, and they were definitely horrid!

No comments:

Post a Comment